2018 Adult Summer Intensive!
July 23 – August 4, 2018
M-F 9:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Culminating Performance August 4, 2018
The Malashock Dance Summer Intensive is a two-week workshop designed to equip advanced level dancers (17+) with tools to propel their career as a professional dancer.
The Malashock Dance Summer Intensive serves as an audition for the Malashock Dance Company. This affords Artistic Director, John Malashock the opportunity to work with prospective company members in class, rehearsal, and performance.
- Daily warmup/stretching with Erica Buechner
- Daily technique training with Brittany Taylor and Khamla Somphanh
- Learn and Perform
- Malashock Dance repertory with John Malashock
- New choreography by John Malashock
- New choreography by Michael Mizerany
- Participate in contemporary partnering classes Michael Mizerany
A limited number of merit-based scholarships are awarded each year.
Students are hand-selected by Malashock Dance. Please send a video link no longer than four minutes to Info@MalashockDance.org to be considered. The video should showcase modern dance technique in a performance or class phrase. Deadline: July 1, 2018
Tuition packages and fees:
Full Intensive: $650
A.M. portion for 2 weeks: 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. $350
P.M. portion for 2 weeks: 2:30 p.m.- 5:45 p.m. $300
Technique Package Monday –Friday: 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. $75/week
Technique package with warm-up class Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. $110
Technique Drop-in $15