Malashock Dance seeks experienced, caring, and enthusiastic teachers in all styles and levels to teach adult classes. The Malashock Dance School is committed to providing students of all ages and abilities high-quality training while fostering an accepting, inclusive, and supportive environment.
Adult Class Openings: Open to style, Teach what you love!
Youth Class Openings:
Join us for the launch of our new Preschool Program. We are looking for teachers who are enthusiastic about working with movers ages 2-7! Class times TBD, but will include weekday mornings.
Pay Rates: $35-$50 per class (based on experience), $14 per hour for meetings
Malashock Dance teachers are able to take any Malashock Class for free
Malashock Dance teachers are able to use the studio for free and discounted rates based on the number of classes taught.
- Teachers at Malashock Dance report to and work closely with the School Operations Manager.
- Teachers for youth classes are hired on a session-to-session basis and classes may be canceled due to lack of enrollment at any time. (minimum enrollment in a youth class is 3)
- Teachers for adult classes are hired for a yearlong agreement, but the agreement may be canceled at any time due to lack of enrollment (sustained periods or 3 or fewer attendees will prompt a meeting with the School Operations manager to discuss ways to improve attendance)
- Teachers are trusted to create an in-class environment that upholds the mission and Values of Malashock Dance:
- The mission of Malashock Dance is to provide access to dance as an avenue for artistic expression through performance, education, and creative collaboration.
- The Malashock Dance School is committed to providing students of all ages and abilities high-quality training while fostering an accepting, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- Youth teachers are required to choreograph and set a piece on their class(es) each session and are expected to be present at the shows
- All teachers will have the option to create and set work on our adult students. This is an additional time commitment to teaching classes and a different pay structure (tbd in collaboration with choreographers).
- Teachers are asked to attend a monthly Faculty meeting – The 1st Thursday of the month at noon. The meeting is offered virtually and in person (paid time).
- Additional tasks that may be asked of teachers may include but are not limited to (paid time):
- Helping plan curriculum, offering opinion/feedback on student readiness to move to a new level, assistance with Junior Company Auditions or choreography, speaking with parents about student progress, attending company-wide meetings,
Our Current Covid Policies –
All teachers, students, and staff are required to wear masks in the building.
All Teachers and Staff are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19
Kaely Garred, School Operations Manager
619-260-1622 ext. 1